Help

Re: Is it possible to export multiple select lists to a table?

Solved
Jump to Solution
2170 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MettaSong
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator
Is it possible to export a multiple select list in one field into a separate table?

For example, I have a field in one table that is a Multiple Select field of Categories. I want take that list of Category options and export that list (i.e. each option as its own record) into a separate Table so I can further work with that data.

Is this possible?

Thank you in advance for any ideas!
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

There are two scripts in the marketplace that might do what you're looking for:

Screenshot 2023-03-29 at 1.49.47 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-03-29 at 1.49.32 PM.png

  

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
Harleen_Bedi1
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

If I understand this correctly, you want to view the data associated with each category in a separate table. 

Create a new table within the same base, create a new linked field between the two tables, in original table copy data from Categories field to linked field for the new table. Airtable automatically seperates multi-select items using comma. When you copy paste fields in a Linked Type field it will populate as individual records.

Happy to help!

Harleen

MettaSong
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thanks for your idea, Harleen. But unfortunately, I don't think my question was clear though.

I don't want to copy the individual record data from the Categories Field that is in one table to another.

I want to export the List that is created inside the Multiple Select Field for the Categories (ie list that user pulls down to select a Category - such as Personal, Business, Other). Then have each Category be a record in another Table that would be in its own Table entitled "Categories".

Hopefully that is a little clearer. Thank you again for your help!

There are two scripts in the marketplace that might do what you're looking for:

Screenshot 2023-03-29 at 1.49.47 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-03-29 at 1.49.32 PM.png

  

Super! That's what I was hoping existed! Thank you so!