Help

Re: Is there a way to expand the size of the Single & Multiple Field Select Editor Windows?

1475 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MettaSong
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I love using Single & Multiple Select Fields when designing my bases. This option helps keep the data consistent and saves some data entry time. My list of possible options tends to be long in these fields and I am struggling to edit them in the space provided in the pop-up window.

I am particular about the way I sort them. Sometime alphabetically doesn't do the trick and I need to manual drag and drop them in order. However, I am finding this very hard to do bc the window size of the Single & Multiple Field Editor is so small... I can basically only see 2-3 lines at a time. Also, sometimes I want to see the whole list at one time so I can make evaluations on the content within each list and what needs to be edited or removed.

Is there a way to open the Single & Multiple Field data in another larger window so I can edit these fields there?
Or the ability to drag a corner of the window to make the Editor window bigger?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions - or alternative ways to edit my lists.

4 Replies 4

> Is there a way to open the Single & Multiple Field data in another larger window so I can edit these fields there?
> Or the ability to drag a corner of the window to make the Editor window bigger?
I don't think so I'm afraid. 

You could try fiddling with Tampermonkey if you were familiar with that perhaps?  Seems like a fairly intensive thing though

Soly
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi @MettaSong !

That's a great question. I have not found yet a built-in feature to make the window bigger so that you can see more options at once, or drag the corner to expand it.

However, as a suggestion, I have found that at the bottom of the window, there is the possibility to turn your Client Status into a Kanban view. That allows you to see more status at once, scroll through a bit faster and drag and drop them in the desired order.  That still constitutes a minor improvement.

Soly_0-1674796108169.png

Nonetheless, your idea would be such a great feature to suggest in the Product Ideas section tho, as I think it is shared by many users.

Thanks Adam for the idea! I saw Tampermonkey being used as a solution to expanding the formula window when I was researching this... and I was wondering if that would work to expand Single/Multiple Select Editor Window too... but wanted to research more, hoping there was just something I was missing. Doesn't sound like there is an easy solution - which is unfortunate.

MettaSong
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi @Soly! Thanks for the Kanban idea... that does seem like a good workaround for now. I will submit this product design frustration to the AT Products idea list bc I'm genuinely surprised that AirTable has been around so long and this element hasn't been designed to be more convenient. Other Dbases I have worked with have a much more user-friendly UI with editing lists and I think it would be a great plus for AT to have as well. Thanks again!