548 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jenny_Tolan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi everyone. I have a lists of tasks and I’ve connected each one to a larger project. I would like to set up a Kanban view by project - but I can’t seem to figure out how. Ideally I could see each project as a card, and then the connected tasks listed below in order of due date. See screenshots of how this is set up now, and how I’d like to see it from a Google doc. Huge thank you!

Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 3.03.42 PM

Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 2.57.44 PM

Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 2.57.52 PM

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gwynn_kruger
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I think what you’re trying to do is reasonable but Airtable cannot group by linked records (yet).

The only 2 options you can use for grouping are the “single select field” or the “collaborator field”:

As a hack you can create a new single select field specifically for the kanban grouping. Something like:

Then selecting all the project cells and paste them into the new field. Before the copy:

After the paste:

The new field is now selectable when setting up your kanban view:

You’ll now see the grouping you’re after:

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
gwynn_kruger
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I think what you’re trying to do is reasonable but Airtable cannot group by linked records (yet).

The only 2 options you can use for grouping are the “single select field” or the “collaborator field”:

As a hack you can create a new single select field specifically for the kanban grouping. Something like:

Then selecting all the project cells and paste them into the new field. Before the copy:

After the paste:

The new field is now selectable when setting up your kanban view:

You’ll now see the grouping you’re after: