457 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rohith
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am trying to build a B2B application and I want to keep the logical separation of data between the two customers. Let's say I want to give the ability to my user from Business X customer to choose an employee name from drop down that should be relative to their business. When a user from Business Y clicks the drop down, he should only see the employee names from their own business and not for both Business X and Business Y (which seems to be the current case). It is a privacy issue. 

I can manage this manually by creating visibility filters on softr.io or having a separate view on airtable for each customer, but it is not scalable. Is there an easy way to manage that?

2 Replies 2
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Unfortunately, that is not natively possible with Airtable.

You would need to set that up with an external portal tool, such as Noloco or Fillout. These are the only 2 apps that I currently know of that offer this functionality for Airtable.

Noloco is a powerful portal, and Fillout is free and offers the world’s most advanced forms for Airtable, including the dynamic/conditional dropdowns that you’re looking for. 

I gave a brief tutorial of Noloco on this episode of the BuiltOnAir podcast. And I also presented a full one-hour webinar on Noloco called Building a Client Portal on Noloco powered by Airtable.

I gave a brief demo of Fillout on this episode of the BuiltOnAir Podcast.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant  to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld

Mariam_Ispiryan
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Why is it not scalable? 👀