Help

Lookup Fields - How To Display Certain Columns?

190 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AdamHassig
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello, attached is a screenshot.  I am interested in having "time sheets" as a view that is linkable to a project.  I have made this work using lookup fields, but this seems to only display the first 4 columns from "Time Sheets".  I tried creating a separate view and only showing the column want and selecting "Limit record selection to a view", but that does not work how I thought it would, that will only filter out results.  Is there a work around? Basically i am looking for my formula fields that total up hours to appear on the project, which is on the far right side of my time sheets table.  Appreciate your help.

4 Replies 4
Matt_Jastremski

think I understand what you're trying to do, let me know if this helps:
The column order that shows in that screen is going to be dependent on the column order of the first view in the other table ("Imported table") - so if you have a total column in that table, drag and drop it to the left and you should be able to see it in the screen you've shown.
Going further, it should be possible to have the timesheet sum up all of the hours from the related records, but I'd need more detail.

The first part, I prefer not to have the total column on the left.   The second part might make more sense.  I could just have a reference sheet only.  Basically, i am looking to put in employee time related to a lookup project and on project, see total hours per employee.  I am also looking for some consultation help with some of this.  Trying to convert from Trello (if i can make all features work how i need)

AdamHassig

For example, I want to see time from a time-sheets table on the JOB BOARD.  I also would prefer to see these grouped by employee with a total number of hours for each employee related to this job if this makes sense.

AdamHassig_0-1713374866098.png

jsep

In the open record view, you don't have many customization options. However, you can utilize interfaces to enhance functionality.

You can create an interface for the "JOB BOARD" and use a grid element for the "TIME SHEETS" field. Additionally, you can configure the interface to group "TIME SHEETS" by employee.

For example, consider something like this:

jsep_0-1713390072130.png

References:

I hope this helps! If you need assistance implementing this solution, feel free to schedule a free call with me.

- Juan, Code and No-Code Solutions Expert