Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yaniv_Bahat
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi

I am new to air table on the free plan.
I am trying to set automation for mail notification.
Under the Actions section when I am trying to set the “To” field what ever I am doing its failing due"
"The “To” input is empty "
The only time that it is working is if I manually type the mail in the “TO” field.

*I am trying to send the mails to collaborators

Thanks in advance
Yaniv

5 Replies 5
Marko_Petrovic
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hello,

There is a + at the end of TO column. When you press it choose Record from step 1 (that is your Trigger, its easier if you run test for trigger first because you will see actual values).

Then find your collab field, click on continue, and from list that opens select email.

It should look like this:
Collab
Where instead “Collaborator” you should see name of your collaborator field.

Yaniv_Bahat
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thank you
I made it work.
do you know if I can automate to send it to multiple collaborators?
Sometimes two team members are assigned to the same task and then the automation is failing.
It is telling me that the system cant convert it to a list of emails.

Is there a solution for that?

Marko_Petrovic
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hmm, I know I have automation setup that sends mail to all people who are assigned to collaboration field. Final step looks like this.
Untitled picture

Its basically same procedure as when you have one collaborator. The automation will this time just add both people to TO field of mail.

Really?

When I am trying I m getting the following error

mulltiple.jpg

Did you try to run actual automation from the table? Test sometimes can fail also if fields are not populated with all required info (for example if collab field that was used for testing is empty). But it should work normally, i just recreated one quick table and tested it again, and it sent mails to me and my colleague