10788 7
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryahb
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is there a way to switch back to the old home screen dashboard UI? Maybe it's just me but I found it far better organized and a superior UX overall

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Juliana
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hey there! You should currently see a 'Switch to old home screen' option in a drop-down when clicking on your profile icon in the upper right-hand portion of your homepage. Please also feel free to share your feedback with our team via this form—we'd love to hear more of your thoughts on this.

See Solution in Thread

19 Replies 19
Juliana
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hey there! You should currently see a 'Switch to old home screen' option in a drop-down when clicking on your profile icon in the upper right-hand portion of your homepage. Please also feel free to share your feedback with our team via this form—we'd love to hear more of your thoughts on this.

Alexander_McArt
5 - Automation Enthusiast

It's not just you, myself & my entire team (and a few other threads on here). The new layout is trash. I'm glad there's now a way to revert back to the old setup (for now). 

plantsnplanets
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thank goodness there's a way to set it back! I tried several things to reorganize such as name-changing and even color coordinating and it still wasn't enough. I'm not sure who gave them the green light for this new home page, but they lowkey need to be demoted. I wasted a week of productivity trying to adjust to something no one asked for. 

You said it, but we were all thinking it. 

The "Switch to old home screen" is no longer available in my profile drop down. Is the classic home screen accessible some other way?

No. They are forcing all of us to use the horrible new design. I've never submitted complaints about a platform update for any the software we've used but this one I have multiple times because it is that bad. 

Britany_Felix

I'm SO GLAD I'm not the only one who absolutely hates this update. It's the worst UI update I think I've ever seen from any product or service. The organization makes absolutely zero sense, the little starred box is tiny, the screen is way more cluttered looking than it was before, and you to have scroll more or click extra buttons just to access the same things. Whoever designed this and whoever approved it should no longer be in their current roles because they're clearly awful at their jobs.

I've been using Airtable since 2016 I think and this has me seriously considering moving everything to a different platform.

Our whole team is frustrated. It consistently takes longer to find our go to bases. We don't want/need the 7 days since opened, etc. In the old interface we had things in order of preference and could adapt that as required. Period. The new UI takes away the very freedom and flexibility of use that airtable strives to bring.

Bears_VN

Worst update ever. Much preferred the old homepage to the new one. The new one requires many more mouse clicks to scroll to the bases that I need.  I much prefer when the first page I see is bases organised by workspace so that I can quickly get to what I need. The 30 days section is trash and beyond useless. 

Alexander_McArt

Hi all, I have a lengthy post on a new thread here. I encourage you all to check it out & reiterate your thoughts to ensure the team hears your voice! https://community.airtable.com/t5/base-design/the-update-no-one-asked-for/m-p/159606#M7706

So now that option is just gone right?

yup, looking into other CRM's, lmk if you have any recommendations, this new UI is horrific

Zeus
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Too bad this option is gone now lol. Why force this?

Zeus
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

The new home screen is downright dreadful and makes Airtable overwhelming.

Yup. Not cool.

Zeus
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I would encourage everyone reading this to reach out to Airtable support to voice your opinion on your displeasure with the new home page. If they don't hear us, they won't make the necessary change.

Rebecca_Stevens

Adding my opinion - it's so confusing.  I can't find anything! Just show me everything and let me decide how to sort/organize, please.

Zeus
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hey everyone, I made a quick video on what I did to get around Airtable's confusing new home screen. 

I rarely have to use the home screen after this - https://youtu.be/J9WbGK-q2jA

Thank you Jordan @Zeus! I'm not ready to integrate a new browser (although I'll consider arc), but I've setup a Bookmarks group in Safari for now. We'll see how this band-aid goes. Not nearly as great as the at-a-glance dashboard previously native to airtable but, as you say, anything to save a moment's seek-n-find has value.