cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
isobelhoward
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi there,

I have a table which has all of the raw data from form submissions. I want to run some automations to change the format of email addresses, home addresses etc. However, I don't want to replace the raw data with the cleaned version, I want to have a table of the raw data and a table for the cleaned data. I want to clean the data as the forms are submitted. Is there a way to sync the data such that any new form submissions in Table A (raw) get put into Table B (cleaned), but which would allow me to then run automations and edits on the data in Table B without editing any data in Table A?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hmm, you'd need an automation that'd trigger on form submit that'd create a record in Table B with all of the data from the form submission.  I'm curious though, why not make a couple of formula fields and use different views in Table A?

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
Easetime
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi there,

Can you clarify the cleaning of email addresses? Why not tackle the issue in the contact form so that have it directly in your desired format ?

TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hmm, you'd need an automation that'd trigger on form submit that'd create a record in Table B with all of the data from the form submission.  I'm curious though, why not make a couple of formula fields and use different views in Table A?

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@isobelhoward 

I agree that you should look into using views. You can learn all about views in my free Airtable training course, which you can take for free by signing up for a trial membership with LinkedIn Learning: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/learning-airtable/