cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FPX
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi all

I am setting up my product SKUs and need some help to ensure that external users will find matches when searching on front end.

I have the following fields;

Product SKU ID

Width

Thickness

Grade

Condition

Treatment

Length 

Product Description (all these together)

Product Category (for filtering purposes when buyer searching for products)

I want all these to be filters so that buyers can search to find results representative of the fields.

I want results to appear if I'm searching under Product Description for products in different formats (e.g. searching by Grade before Width) or including/excluding spaces (e.g. 50x25 vs 50 x 25).

-Please advise how I can make this happen and if needs to be seperate tables for each filter (e.g. one table for width, one for thickness etc) or if I should have all these filters in one table with multiple fields.

-Also do you know if Softr is any better for Search Functionality than Airtable as I cant get matches in Airtable unless I type product description exactly how it is written which wont work. 

Thank you

3 Replies 3
Blake_D
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello,

A possible option is to set up a list view on a blank page in interface designer, you can set up a search filter box that is linked to that list and allow records to be filtered via the list search. As far as the different formats I think the list record search function on the top right is format specific. 

FPX
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Yes seems to be format specific as below (example showing comparison between spaces and no spaces).

I wonder if Softr would be able to produce results?

FPX_0-1721860445562.png

FPX_1-1721860469404.png

Blake_D
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

What if you made your filters "is any of" instead of free text? If you were to make separate formula fields looking at those categories then formatted answers as a single select option. Then you could base your filters off of those formula fields which would take out the format issue. If would be an extra formula field for each search category, so its a long way around but it should work. 

There is also an automation route to create the single select field options when a field is updated.