490 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amplify_LA
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello all, I’m new to the community and have been finding so many valuable resources here - thank you!

I did some research on this question but wasn’t able to quite find the solution.

Here is the basic layout of the two tables in question:

RIGS table // Shows all our available inventory
Rig 01
Rig 02
Rig 03
etc

EVENTS table // Shows event details including which pieces of Inventory are assigned to which Event
Event 1 - Rig 01
Event 2 - Rig 02, Rig 03
etc

Objective: As Inventory is assigned in the EVENTS table, I want to remove the assigned Inventory from the RIGS table dynamically. I can make this happen per field, however it doesn’t translate to all records globally.

Thank you so much for your help in advance!

Joanna

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

Well in that case you can do this with a formula field, filtered views, or both.

You could have a Status field with a formula like this IF({name of your record link field}, "Unavailable","Available")

For filtered views, you could set the filter based on that formula field, or by “if {name of your record link field} is empty”

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4

Do you want inventory deleted from your records, or marked as “unavailable”? Deleting the record from your inventory table will render your current setup moot.

Hi Kamille,

I would like to just change that status, not delete the record.

Thank you!

Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

Well in that case you can do this with a formula field, filtered views, or both.

You could have a Status field with a formula like this IF({name of your record link field}, "Unavailable","Available")

For filtered views, you could set the filter based on that formula field, or by “if {name of your record link field} is empty”

Thank you so much Kamille! I ended up doing just that with filtered views.

J