896 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mku901
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have a CAMPAIGN tab where each record is a Campaign. For Example: May, June, July. 
Each record has a Channel field. that i populate from a linked tab called Channel Type)
For example one record is: May marketing campaign and the channel field then lists three channels:  Direct Mail, Email and Social Post.

I need PROJECTS tab that separates the Campaign and Channels into one record each
for example; 
May Direct Mail,
May Email,
May Social Post

I also have a Channel Type Template table that lists all the tasks involved with each channel type. 

I've seen a video on how to automatically generate the list of all tasks to populate based on the links using the Scripting Extension but in order for it to work you have to start with the list of individual PROJECTS, because the scriping app only allows a 1-1 linking... however, I prefer to build out the work in the CAMPAIGN table so i'm looking to see if i can create a reverse Link or Look up where i can break out the three channels in the May Campaign into three lines on the Project table and then use the Script extension to break out all the templated tasks automatically.

Thank you for any help or assistance!!

1 Reply 1

You don't need a script for this anymore and can just use repeating groups for this I think

Here's a base with an automation set up that should do what you're looking for