1930 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brian_Schuster
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I’m setting up a rollup field to concatenate record IDs for general items that match a set of filters. There is a form input box to accept plain text, but it does not accept column names or cells as inputs. Is there a way to make it do that similar to a formula?

16 Replies 16

I’m not making an API-driven tool. FilterByFormula is not working with multiple inputs. That’s why I’m trying to get rollup filters to work with dynamic field inputs.

In your other thread, you opened with:

I am working on an app that uses the Airtable API to upload and download data

That to me is an API-driven tool. You’re writing code that uses the Airtable API to access Airtable’s data.

It’s a different company called Adalo. They handle the API coding and I insert the filterByFormula formulas.

Ahhh. Okay. That would have been helpful to know earlier in this discussion. I’m not familiar with Adalo, so I can’t offer any specific advice on how to approach things from their end, but Adalo has come up in a few other discussions in the forum. You might search for those threads and connect with other Adalo-Airtable users to see if they’ve got any ideas that will help.

Yeah, I’m definitely talking to the Adalo team and users in their forum, but this relates exclusively to Airtable for now.

It never hurts to have data filtering, especially for a software as promising as Airtable.

I agree 100%. There are lots of ways that Airtable can improve on that front. It’s just difficult to say how quickly those improvements will come along.

Soon, I hope! I really want to use Airtable to get my app off the ground.