cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ryan_King
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi all,

I’m currently trying to build a base that will allow me to segment a customer list based on they product they have purchased as well as whether they have purchased the same product multiple times within a variable timeframe.

Data will be updated in the table via csv upload on a periodic basis.

I am trying to figure out the best way to arrange the table structure. I have included an example base. The ‘Product ID’ field would be the one for tracking the purchase behavior.

I’m happy to read up on other previous posts, but don’t really know what to even be looking for here. Thanks in advance for any help!

3 Replies 3

I’m far from a resident expert on table design and analysis, but two things come to mind - roll-ups and group-by in views.

Thank you @Bill.French, so it would appear that you are suggesting the creation of another table tracking individual customers that links to the orders table. Then, rolling up the individual orders on the customer table. Is that correct?

The mental model which I formulated seems to suggest this approach might work. But again, I’m weak in this aspect of base and table design.