Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michel_Verheyen
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,

I am new (1 week) to Airtable.
I have a Base with 2 tables. Table 1 has 1 Company field. Table 2 has 2 fields : Company and Database.

Table 1 is filled with 200 records.
Company1 / Database1
Company1 / Database2
Company1 / Database3
Company2 / Database4
Etc.....

When I choose the Company Company1 in Table 2, then in the Database field I only want to see the records that are linked to Company1, namely Database1, Database2 and Database3.

Is this possible!

Regards

Michel

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Are you talking about choosing a record in a linked record field? You only want Airtable to show you certain records to choose from in a linked record field, based on a value in another field? You want your data entry choices in a linked record field to dynamically change, based on the value in another field?

If that’s what you are referring to, this feature is only available with 2 external apps: Fillout or Noloco.

Unfortunately, unlike all other database & spreadsheet apps on the market, Airtable doesn’t offer this very basic & very simple feature natively in their product.

People have been requesting this feature for almost 10 years, but Airtable refuses to add it. You can try to get your voice heard by sending an email to support@airtable.com, but Airtable is a very customer-hostile company that doesn’t respect customer requests.

But maybe you’re referring to something else?

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Are you talking about choosing a record in a linked record field? You only want Airtable to show you certain records to choose from in a linked record field, based on a value in another field? You want your data entry choices in a linked record field to dynamically change, based on the value in another field?

If that’s what you are referring to, this feature is only available with 2 external apps: Fillout or Noloco.

Unfortunately, unlike all other database & spreadsheet apps on the market, Airtable doesn’t offer this very basic & very simple feature natively in their product.

People have been requesting this feature for almost 10 years, but Airtable refuses to add it. You can try to get your voice heard by sending an email to support@airtable.com, but Airtable is a very customer-hostile company that doesn’t respect customer requests.

But maybe you’re referring to something else?