1659 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Taruk1981
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I am new to Airtable and I am trying to recreate something I have done in Excel (see attached image)

I have a uniclass 2015 system list of Codes that cascade down and have a relationship with each other, as shown in the image you have a group that has a sub-group which then has a section and then objects.

what I am trying to do is group each of the groups, subgroups, sections, and objects, so I can minimize the group level or expand down to the sub-group, section, or all the way down to the object levels as shown in the Excel image.

Ive tried using the group function but it doesn't seem to give me the desired result, if anyone could help i would be very greatful

Kind Regard

7 Replies 7

Could you provide some screenshots of your table setup?  The List view with its hierarchies also feels like it might come in handy here

thanks for the response see image attached

Hmm, you should be able to group based on your fields like so:

Screenshot 2023-04-21 at 5.35.09 PM.png
Is this not what you're after?

Hi Adam,

thanks for your time

You would think so but it doesn't seem to work, it keeps grouping them with empty headers as shown in the attachment

Kind Regards

When the headers are empty, the field has no value for those records. 

Taruk1981

I understand that but how do i filter them out so i dont see the blank fields and i only see the header for the Group then the Header for the Sub-Group then header for section.

So first header would be Ss_15 (Group), Ss_15_10, (Sub-Group) Ss_15_ 10_30 (Section), Rather than seeing a blank field header.

Kind Regards

Hm, and if we create filters to only show records where all of the fields are not empty, does that solve the problem?