523 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
D_W
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi! I’ve run into a problem and I can’t find the solution on my own so I really hope someone can help me.

ghhg
return

I need the ingredients to be in the descending order based on the % they are used in an ingredient list.
As you can see I have the ingredients sorted correctly but in the Label of ingredients the information is mixed.

is there a way to fix this?

2 Replies 2
momentsgoneby80
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi @D_W !

1. the order things get listed in the lookup reflects the order you have added them in the linked field you use to make your lookup. You can expand the record and there drag and drop the linked records, in your case ingredients, in the right order. A good practise is to always add ingredients in descending order already when linking them.

2. If you have the budget for it @kuovonne has a script here that I think should work for this (I can’t say for certain as I have never tested it).

3. If you wish to add your voice to those requesting this feature you can do that here.

Also, not the solution for your case, but for possible future cases; the Batch update app lets you sort linked records in alphabetized, ascending or descending order, based on their name in the primary field of your linked table.

Thank you for your help!