Help

Splitting data from multi-value linked field into linked fields with single values

Topic Labels: Base design Formulas
636 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mary_Conners
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have 2 tables in a base.  One table has information on Children.  The other table has information on the Sponsors for children.  I have a field in Children table that links to the Sponsors table and allows multiple links denoting the particular sponsors of that child. Is there a way to take the sponsors from the multiple link field  and put each one into their own linked field (sponsor 1, sponsor2, sponsor3, etc)?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Mary

1 Reply 1
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Hi Mary, if I'm understanding you right you'd end up with one field per record in the "Sponsors" table, is that right? 

If so, that's automated field creation and I think it would require some scripting work.  Fairly simple to set up the first time, but maintaining the links seems like it would be difficult to do I reckon

I'm curious why you'd like this done though? It's an ask that I don't think I've seen before and I'm wondering if there's perhaps another way to achieve your end goal that doesn't involve creating one field per sponsor.  Let me know if you'd like to see if we can find a workaround!