896 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Glenn_Fick
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’m setting up a new base for my construction company. Would like suggestion on best basic structure. We will only do 3-5 jobs a year. What is best layout of tables for grouping Bids, Tasks, Production Schedules, Job Cost Estimate, Job Budget tracking. I guess my question is how do I best structure so I can view individually for each of these and also combined across all jobs for everything except budget and estimates?

4 Replies 4

Hi @Glenn_Fick,

Welcome to Airtable Community! :slightly_smiling_face:

It all depends on your workflow and the level of detail you are looking for.

Start by building a base with tables you have specified and linking them together as much as you can, then depending on your workflow you can start polishing it so that it serves your need.

BR,
Mo

Thanks Mohamed. Basic setup is going well.
Narrowing my question: What is the best way to handle setup for items that require their own Table and will be many in number. Ex - Table used to generate a cost multi-line cost estimate and proposal for a construction job where company has many jobs to bid. Is the best solution a separate base for generating estimates then transfer winning proposals and estimates to main base?

scott_boodman
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m a PM for commercial subcontractor. I use AT for PM, and CRM. My core table is my "leads table, which aggregates all of the subsidiary data such as SOW’s; Cost Estimates; Accounts\Contacts; Plans-Specs-Addendums. I use roll-ups, lookups in the leads table to generate important project specific info such as: task schedule from lead to bid, list Accounts with contract such as vendors, engineer, list of GC bidding, vendors providing material estimates. On award, a daughter table filters lead info into projects table.
Hope that helps.

Hi @Glenn_Fick,

I do the estimates in a separate table then move the ones you win yes. Otherwise your Airtable will become messy in no time.