492 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ebbpum
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I'm creating a workflow/process tracker using Airtable. I have the following tables:

1. Workflows
  2. Steps
  3. Workflow Runs
  4. Step Runs

The Workflows table contains a list of workflow names, e.g. "New client onboarding workflow".

The Steps table contains all the steps within each workflow and I have a link back to the workflow table to know which step relates to which workflow.

I have automations in place so that when someone wants to run the workflow it will add a record to the Workflow Runs table and then another automation that will pull all the steps from the Steps table and add them to the Step Runs table linked back to the relevent row in the Workflow Run table.

This has allowed me to create an interface where anyone can see the progress of the Workflow Runs and Step Runs that they're assigned to.

What I'm struggling with is how I can add unique sub-steps to each step similar to how it is done on the dedicated workflow software below (not Airtable):

2023-10-30-0001.jpg

In their software, each step can have any number of unique substeps and information relating to them.

Is there any way to achieve something similar using Airtable?

0 Replies 0