661 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JWalker
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

How do I auto sync fields with another tab in the same workplace? I need to ensure the fields are all the same so that info can be moved over from one to another when the automation I have made is triggered.

1 Reply 1
Juliana
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hi there! When looking to copy a table's structure, I'd suggest navigating to the first table's menu dropdown and duplicating it; you can opt to duplicate the table without bringing over any records, effectively just bringing over the fields. 

That being said, tables should generally only be used to distinguish distinct types of records and not to categorize records of the same species or indicate progression in status. Whenever you have more than one table with the same field configuration, you may want to rethink how you're structuring your base, and instead favor table consolidation and filtered views. If you're interested in reworking your base design, this article offers a great how-to. 

Hoping this can help! Let me know if you have any questions in the process or if you're looking to accomplish something different with this.