Help

Re: Trying to build a content plan for social media, what is the best way to do this?

3319 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SoSimple
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey friends
I want to build a content plan for social media according to dates.
So:
I have several tables for each platform:
1. Facebook
2. Instagram
3. Tik Tok
4. Email marketing.
In each such table I have the topic (story, post, etc.), the upload date, the content itself and status.
I also want to have a master table that will actually contain date, status, comments and also contain a Facebook, Instagram, Tiktok and email marketing column (linked columns).

I want the main column in the master to be the date and actually when I write a certain date it knew to pull me to my linked columns what needs to be uploaded each day according to each platform.

For example, I will choose the date 05/18/2023 - it will automatically fill in the Facebook column what needs to be uploaded that day, in the Instagram column what needs to be uploaded that day, etc.
I tried to automate it but I'm completely lost 😞

In addition, I want to create an automation that will know that if the tasks of that day have been marked "DONE" through a table of each platform - it will also know to mark me the status of that date in a master table where all the tasks are "DONE" in "DONE" automatically.

I really appreciate the help!

thank you!

7 Replies 7

The best way to do this would be to NOT have separate tables. Combine everything into ONE table and use different VIEWS to separate by platform.

I discuss VIEWS at length in my Airtable training course, which you can take for free by signing up for a trial membership with LinkedIn Learning: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/learning-airtable/ 

can't i build it like that?

i want to have each table for a platform and one master table

SoSimple_0-1684318182002.png

SoSimple
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

sorry for the language

here it is update in English -

SoSimple_1-1684318309455.png

SoSimple
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Okay, so I tried to put everything in the same table and divided it according to different VIEWS, but as you can see, it splits the dates for me if on a certain day I have both a post that I need to upload and a story/release for example.

SoSimple_0-1684320012897.png

FB View

SoSimple_1-1684320116441.png

IG View

SoSimple_2-1684320133042.png

MLO
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

The generally way this is designed is that you have a date column separate from the Primary field. The Primary field would likely be a formula that is a combo of Social Media Account+Post Type+Date.  The field with the Date would likely be a simple date field. You could then create a calendar view that shows everything on that date.

Alternatively, you could keep all the Social Media accounts on one tab but create a separate Dates table. You would turn the date tab above into a linked record field. I think that's similar to what you were trying to do in the beginning?  If so, it's still best to combine all the Social Media tabs into one table that you could link to.  

Celinkadev
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

To create your content plan, you can start by setting up a master table with columns for date, status, comments, and different platforms like Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and email marketing. Linking the columns will allow you to pull the relevant information automatically. For each specific date, you can use formulas or functions to populate the corresponding content in the linked columns. This way, when you choose a date like 05/18/2023, it will show you what needs to be uploaded on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and email marketing for that day. If you're looking to boost your engagement, you might want to consider getting cheap TikTok likes. Remember, take it step by step, and don't hesitate to ask for help along the way.

AlexJason
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

You can use a simple function like VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH in Excel or Google Sheets to make the main column in the master table pull information from the linked columns. This will allow you to retrieve the content that needs to be uploaded for a specific date across all platforms. As for automating the "DONE" status, you can set up a conditional formatting rule or use a formula to check if all the tasks for a specific date have been marked as "DONE" in each platform's table. While organizing your tables is a good start, if you find yourself feeling lost or overwhelmed, consider seeking the assistance of a paid media agency. They can provide you with professional assistance in creating an effective content plan for each platform.