739 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThanhLong
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have a weird issue that I cannot find more information on. This is popping every time I try to input new option to my multiselect field. I do not believe I reached number limit (I'm on pro subscription). Appreciate if anyone know what this is 😞 Error: pgl4I6ngheDLjVwFb

ThanhLong_0-1685335572243.png

5 Replies 5

No idea why you are seeing this error.

How many existing select options do you have for that field?

How many records do you have in the base?

Are you able to make other schema changes to other fields?

Do you have an automation watching this field for changes? You might have hit your monthly automation run limit per your billing plan.

ThanhLong

Hi,
Thanks for the support guys, I appreciate it. I discovered that I have exceeded 10.000 options for multiselect field resulting in the error mentioned. I need to use the field more sparingly...

Ten thousand options for a select field is a lot. Some food for thought ...

Consider if all of the information belongs in a single multiple select field. Some options might be better broken out into a different field.

Consider if using a linked record field with a new table would work better. If you frequently add or edit options, a linked record field is almost always a better idea than a multiple select. However, given that you have ten thousand options, you may run into record count issues.

A Little context, I managed a database of lab tests (around 4k rows), each row is an item that we sell. These items will have fields of aliases in different languages, I have automation set up that consolidate all these fields into a big multiselect alias field (this as opposed to simple text join because it can merge similar options). This big field will be used in interface where ppl can simply query for them by keywords rather than the exact name. One thing I wish Airtable could do better is explanation of error rather than error code so user can better troubleshooting.

Im very interested in learning about how:

If you frequently add or edit options, a linked record field is almost always a better idea than a multiple select

I did read some articles on this but still not understand how my use case can be improved with linked record. We are already utilize well this option.

Thanks for the information.