Help

Welcome to the Airtable Community! If you're new here, check out our Getting Started area to get the most out of your community experience.

Update Inventory Counts By Pasting In CSV In Another Table - Replacement For Index/Match?

Topic Labels: Base design
372 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi,

I’m trying to move my Amazon FBA inventory tracking system from Google Sheets to Airtable.

In the Sheets version, I have a sheet called SKU List (with SKU, supplier info, target inventory amount, etc).

On a regular basis (let’s say daily), I download an inventory report from Amazon that tells me (in a text/CSV file) how much inventory I currently have for each SKU. I simply paste this file into another sheet called Amazon Report.

Then, I use an Index/Match formula on the SKU List sheet to look up the current inventory of each SKU from the Amazon Report sheet (the SKU is the unique identifier/link between the two). If that SKU does not exist in the pasted-in Amazon Report, the inventory is shown as 0. This updated inventory count then drives the rest of the restocking process, which all happens within Sheets.

Here’s my question - how do I set up the CSV paste-in and associated lookup of inventory in Airtable? I would think this would be simple but I haven’t yet figured it out. If I set things up the same way in Airtable, how do I tell the Current Inventory field in SKU List to look at the Amazon Report table (into which I would have just pasted a fresh CSV), and if there’s a matching record, pull in the inventory count, otherwise show 0?

Thanks in advance for any help! I realize this seems basic but for some reason I haven’t found an answer quite yet.

0 Replies 0