cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CatarinaIsabel
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello.

I've been using airtable to create a database for equipment files in a research facility.

Now I would like to use it to organize our team weekly tasks calendar. Some of these tasks are performed on equipment that is in my first database.

We are a team of 17 co-workers and most of the tasks need to be performed every day of the week in a set of locations (rooms). We always assign each task-location to one or 2 co-workers. There are some tasks performed only in specific days of the week in specific locations. Altough the tasks-location combo for each day of the week repeats between weeks, we keep the assigned co-worked in a rotation basis and this assignement is done on the week befire, to take into account their availability.

I need help creating a base were we can have our tasks weekly calendar connected to the equipment database so people can record the maintenance/cleaning procedures performed in each serial number, and at the same time to generate a calendar view for each co-worker with his/her tasks to perform.

Thanks in advance

3 Replies 3

Hm, so what problems have you faced while trying to do this?  Happy to jump on a free half hour call to see how far we can get, and if that's interesting to you you can schedule a call here

Thanks for your availability.

Airtable is quite new to me, so I quite don't know how and if it is possible to have different workspaces connected and at the same time, easy for our co-workers to input data on accomplished tasks.

My main problem is in identifying and incorporating all the variables that come into place when we assign a specific task(s) for a specific day of the week. Example: there are tasks that need to be performed on a weekly basis, others that are on a monthly basis, and others that are 2x/year, and I would like to calendarize them automatically for the whole year. As I told you, some of these tasks are cleaning/maintenance procedures that need to be recorded as "done" in each equipment file, altough, it would not be very efficient opening equiment files, one by one to record these actions, and ideally, they would be grouped by location. An alternative would be for the equipment files that a co-worker needs to perform tasks on, be visible for their day tasks.

I am hypothesizing creating a workspace for each main databases, like: Equipment, Calendar, tasks group1, tasks group2, and tasks group3, and in each of these workspaces, I would create bases according to the records I need. Then I would connect these bases between them and between workspaces so I could relate tasks group1 to Equipment and tasks group 1, 2 and 3 to calendar.

Am I thinking correctly?

My main struggle now is to identify the columns (and respective field types) I need in each base to achieve this.

Thank you in advance.

> how and if it is possible to have different workspaces connected and at the same time, easy for our co-workers to input data on accomplished tasks.

Yes it's possible to have different workspaces connected and have it be easy for your coworkers to input data, but it would take a fair amount of set up, would require a Pro plan, and it would suffer from 15 minutes or so of latency

If I were in your position I would just have this all in a single base with different tables.  Having bases sync with each other is more work than it's worth, to me at least

Best of luck