Help

Why can't I - with a Pro account - edit another's workspace/base w/out paying for a 3rd account?!

Topic Labels: Base design Collaboration
Solved
Jump to Solution
138 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Heather_Hale
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I guess I just don't understand how/why Airtable is set up this way.

If I have a Pro account.

And another has a Pro account.

Why can't they just SHARE one of their workspaces and/or bases with me - with edit access - without my having to pay a 3rd time?! To be a Pro user on "their" account?!

That makes zero sense to me. ;-/

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Heather_Hale
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I appreciate that @ScottWorld.

Airtable has a right to make money however they decide but that's WAY false economy (and a cluster-F!) for independent contractors.

If I have a Pro account - and I REFER, BRING and even SET UP NEW CLIENTS on Airtable, I should AT LEAST be able to support, service and COLLABORATE WITH MY CLIENTS - I BROUGHT TO AIRTABLE - without Airtable FORCING them to pay for me? ANNUALLY?! That's REALLY bogus!

Makes you want to keep all your clients on free workspaces. 

Or switch to a competitor who FACILITATES AFFORDABLE COLLABORATION (isn't that the WHOLE PURPOSE of this platform?!)

I guess just not the affordable part. ;-/ 

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2

Unfortunately, this is how Airtable has setup their billing system.

Airtable charges by the workspace instead of by the user, meaning that one individual human being might bring in multiple monthly fees to Airtable, even though they are only one human being.

For example, I am one of the top Airtable consultants so I have been added to dozens of different client workspaces, so Airtable is bringing in dozens of monthly fees for me — even though I am only one person.

Heather_Hale
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I appreciate that @ScottWorld.

Airtable has a right to make money however they decide but that's WAY false economy (and a cluster-F!) for independent contractors.

If I have a Pro account - and I REFER, BRING and even SET UP NEW CLIENTS on Airtable, I should AT LEAST be able to support, service and COLLABORATE WITH MY CLIENTS - I BROUGHT TO AIRTABLE - without Airtable FORCING them to pay for me? ANNUALLY?! That's REALLY bogus!

Makes you want to keep all your clients on free workspaces. 

Or switch to a competitor who FACILITATES AFFORDABLE COLLABORATION (isn't that the WHOLE PURPOSE of this platform?!)

I guess just not the affordable part. ;-/