947 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Edward_Fultz
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

The API documentation says there is a rate limit of 5 requests per second.  Do we know whether this limit also applies to using personal access token?

Specifically - let's say I create 5 personal access tokens - is the rate limit 5 requests per second for each personal access token or is it 5 requests per second for the user on which the personal access token is defined?

For the above would the rate limit be 5 requests per second or 25 requests per second (assuming there are 5 requests for each personal access token per second)?

3 Replies 3

Airtable has not published information this granular on the rate limit. However, I doubt that you can get more requests per second by using multiple access tokens for the same user account.

There also is a potential for the rate limit to be somehow linked to the workspace or base. So, it might be the case that you might need to take into account all the APIs calls across users for a particular workspace, but not calls for the same access token in a different workspace. You also need to take into account OAUTH API calls. 

I don't expect to get a clear answer from Airtable that granular, and it might change. But I also think that it probably doesn't matter. If you need significantly higher rate limits, Airtable might not be the right platform for you. 

Edward_Fultz
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

with the API keys we have several people who assigned API key - this works so no rate limit for the base.  But there can only be 1 API key per person.  With the personal access tokens there can be multiple.  I will look for the Airtable support page to see if I can submit a ticket asking them directly.

Edward_Fultz
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am disappointed there is no Airtable response to this question so I am going on basis that personal access token will work same as API key

😥