cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Abhijeet_Sharma
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi,
I am trying to link Airtable and PowerBi. For the most part, it works perfectly. But, things are breaking down with the columns that link to another table. In such cases, I am getting recordID instead of Name. Is there a way to show record name instead of record ID? I have attached the Images from both AT and PBI for reference.
(I have gone through the solution that suggests creating a new column and using a formula to refer the linked column. For my case, it is not practical as there are around 20 linked columns)

Thanks1 2

4 Replies 4

How are you currently linking Airtable to PowerBi? I’m not familiar with the latter application, but my gut says that there’s got to be a way to extract the correct value from the linked records in Airtable so that they appear correctly in PowerBi.

Brian_Kinney

A good data integration from Airtable to a BI tool should transfer the recordIds of all your Airtable records so that you can join records according to these recordIds. This should enable you to look up any of the fields of linked records. If your Airtable -> PBI data integration does not support this you should find a different method.

I am using Pagination query in PowerBI to link Airtable.

As I said above, I don’t use PowerBi. A more detailed explanation of what a Pagination query does and how it operates would be helpful.