Help

Re: Announcement: edit your scripts in the sidebar, view the docs in fullscreen!

1033 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stephen_Suen
Community Manager
Community Manager

:wave: Hey everyone!

Just wanted to announce two new features we’ve shipped this week that should make your scripting experience much smoother:

:writing_hand: Script editor in sidebar mode
Sometimes when you’re building a script, you might want to see your base inline as you’re editing. This makes it easier to reference sample data or the names of your tables/views/fields. To support this, we’ve added the ability to use the script editor in the sidebar:

Using the script editor in sidebar mode

To enable this:

1. Go to a scripting block and click “Edit code”
  2. The block will enter fullscreen
  3. Press the Esc key or click the x in the top right of the block
  4. The block will stay in edit mode

:books: Standalone docs site
Some of you have noted that the documentation panel in the block is rather small and difficult to navigate. We’ve since mirrored the scripting block documentation on a standalone site so that you can enjoy the entirety of your screen real estate. You can access this site at Airtable Scripting

The standalone scripting block docs site

As always, continue sharing your questions, feedback, and amazing scripts! Keep following this space for future updates and contests.

6 Replies 6

Woohoo! :tada:

Quality of life FTW!

Thank you so much for making the documentation more accessible!

This will also make it easier to help people. For example, when people have issues with accessing linked record fields, we can now refer to the exact spot in the online documentation.

By the way, for me, sections of the scripting documentation website that should have code in them are blank. I’m looking at the website using Safari on an iPad. I like to use my iPad to look up reference information when I code, as it frees up real estate on my computer screen.

wow ! yes ! amazing !
@Stephen_Suen & Airtable Script Team !
I’m still just waiting for FIELD’s “CRUD” API and I would be happiest ! :slightly_smiling_face:

oLπ

VictoriaPlummer
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Thanks Stephen, this has been super helpful1

Could you include a link to the standalone docs website in the “Documentation” section of the scripting block documentation?

It would be nice to be able to click a link in scripting block versus having to remember the link or have a bookmark in my web browser.

David_Smedberg
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Is the standalone docs site mirrored on a delay? It appears to me that the fileAsync method that you announced recently isn’t reflected - do you know when it’ll be added?