cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paul_Suurmeijer
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi there,

I’m hoping to get some help with a workflow I’m trying to figure out. I have a base with records that include a checkbox for an approval, as well as a field who approved it, and a last modified time stamp to track when it was approved.

So far I’ve been able to base this off an automation that when the Status (drop-down) moves to “Ready for Review”, the Slack message goes out and asks for a review.

Now what I’d like to add is a link/button that will allow the person or people receiving the Slack message to click it, and it should then change the checkbox to checked for the approval (and ideally noting who it was; but willing to let that go if it’s too hard).

I’ve been reading up on webhooks and similar solutions, but wanted to poll the community what could be a good way to do that.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Kind regards,

Paul.

3 Replies 3
Paul_Suurmeijer

Found a lot of helpful answers here: Incoming Webhook Trigger Automation Scripting

Would be amazing if Airtable accepted GET requests.

Yes, that would be nice if Airtable’s webhooks supported GET requests.

Make.com (formerly known as Integromat) creates webhooks that can receive GET requests.

I’m assuming that many other external automation tools can do the same as well.

I might try this, looks like it’s aa very similar request too: Any way to embed a link inside an email to update a Status column for my records? - #2 by Danny