Help

Re: Are there create APIs for Table, Fields in a record and Views?

2821 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ashwin_P
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I did not see these APIs in the documentation. Does anybody know if these APIS exist? - createTable, createFieldInARecord, createView .

16 Replies 16

You can’t create fields in a script, but you can in a custom block: Airtable Blocks SDK

yes that’s right @Kamille_Parks,
and in relation with this:

Not yet tried: I’ve first to play with REACT.js and that’s what I’m doing now.

Best,

olπ

Lukas_Barth
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

We would also very badly need this feature!
Right now, we are managing more than 40 bases and if we want to add a new table to all of them, this sometimes takes us more than 5 hours if we have to do it by hand!

Please implement those APIs and please make it also possible to create automations via the API because also adding those takes us hours and hours for all our bases. We really need those features and using the Blocks SDK is not very convenient, not to mention that the Blocks SDK does not support creating formula fields and many other things.

I have a question posted about some errors I’m experiencing in the JavaScript console but the code example in my reply to that initial question (below) creates new tables and enables field linking (there was no example of this that I could find in the docs or articles).

createTableAsync example with MULTIPLE_RECORD_LINKS? - Development and integrations / API - Airtable...

Hey, I would suggest you create an automation in the base you want to RECEIVE records for a ‘Webhook’ then take the link provided

Navigate to the base you want the SEND the data from, create an automation for whatever you want, however your action will have to be ‘Run a Script’ from that level you must make a POST to the ‘Webhook’ link provided for the other base.

Of course this suggest you must decide how the data sent is handled. This method worked for me.

Hey, I would suggest you create an automation in the base you want to RECEIVE records for a ‘Webhook’ then take the link provided

Navigate to the base you want the SEND the data from, create an automation for whatever you want, however your action will have to be ‘Run a Script’ from that level you must make a POST to the ‘Webhook’ link provided for the other base.

Of course this suggest you must decide how the data sent is handled. This method worked for me.

Thomaso
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Do you have an answer on when these API’s might get implemented?