Help

Re: Comments on Record - Is there a way to get notified of a new comment?

2191 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SPRCHRGR_Airtab
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Is there a way to get notified of a new comment on a record? Either through the API or within Airtable itself?

6 Replies 6
Harsh2
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi,

Whenever you "@mention" a user in the comment box for a record they will receive an email notification.

You could also setup something using the Airtable API if you are wanting a particular email to be notified regardless of whether the user uses the "@mentions" whenever they comment.

Hey Harsh, I would like to get notified for whenever a user comments, not just with "@mentions". Would you have a high level overview of how I can accomplish this using the API? Could I create a webhook that accomplishes this?

its possible to subscribe to new comments but unfortunately it's an Enterprise only feature

Hey Jake, that's great. We're on the Enterprise plan!

Would you subscribe to new comments by creating a webhook or by using the list comments api call? In the API docs I found "list comments" but not "subscribe to new comments".

Awesome! Hit me up at skool.com/airtable if you want help setting this up

yahorbarkouski
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi @Jakewilson, may I please ask you to describe how to accomplish the 'new comments subscription' here? Interested in how to make it possible since guides seem to ignore this topic for a while