1177 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
enricomilli
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I'm looking to run a script when a record is created which would created a new form for that individual record. I need to do this because when clients will be using the forms, I can't have them be able to add data to other clients so by default I'm creating a form with the default values that can't be changed. Does anyone have a better solution to this problem or is there a way to do this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

To learn more about prefilling fields on a form & hiding prefilled fields on a form, check out this Airtable support article.

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5

What do you mean by “create a new form for that individual record”? What specifically are you trying to accomplish?

So I need a form created each time a record is created. In the form, there is a field that should link back to the record that was just created and it should be a default value that cannot be changed. This is a process that basically creates individual forms for each individual record. I am looking for a solutions for this automation.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

To learn more about prefilling fields on a form & hiding prefilled fields on a form, check out this Airtable support article.

Worked great I just have one more issue and that is when using the new forms, it's not letting me prefill a linked field even when I used the record id for example: /form?prefill_fld9at2NciavCDTzU=recEaESuEAyQNFm0F. Will there be a fix to this or is there a way around it without using the old forms?

I think that's a bug with the new interface forms.

You may want to email support@airtable.com about this, and be sure to let us know what they say.

Also, for more powerful Airtable forms that can prefill linked record fields, update records from a form, accept payments, have multi-page forms, save partial forms, and 100+ more advanced Airtable features, I would highly recommend checking out Fillout's advanced forms for Airtable.