Help

Creating estimate in qb through zapier, need to pull out line item from multi-select

410 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeff_Musgrave
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Created a simple form to submit a work order for repair services. User selects services needed from multi-select field. 

What is the best way to extract the services and create a line item for each service selected so that I can auto populate an estimate in quickbooks?

I was thinking about creating a new table called "billable items" and have a script run when the form is submitted to create a line item for each invoice while still including the customer information submitted on the form in each line item. 

Example 

Form Submitted

Airtable record created

script runs creating 1 record per service requested in a separate table

each line sent to QB for estimate creation

Will this work? Im not sure the simple zap will be able to dynamically adjust to different amount of line items. One work around for this was thinking I could have a new "view" auto created for the billable line items that need to go on one invoice. I thought I could have the view named dynamically with an id number so that my zap can pull the id number to lookup the view name?

I am trying to avoid doing service 1, service 2, service 3, service 4 service 5 fields and corresponding quantity fields on my form. 

1 Reply 1
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

That is not possible with Zapier.

You would need to switch to Make, which lets you map arrays (i.e. multi-select fields) into QuickBooks’ line items using Make’s QuickBooks integrations and Make’s Airtable integrations.

I discuss how to work with arrays in Make in this podcast episode. This video is in the context of attachments, but the same principles apply to your needs.

Make is significantly cheaper yet infinitely more powerful than Zapier. I’ve written an entire post here about Make vs. Zapier.

There is a small learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video to help. I also provide the links to a few other Make training resources.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant https://ecosystem.airtable.com/consultants/scottworld to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld