Help

Dynamic Document Creation with E-Signature Capability?

Topic Labels: Custom Extensions
3481 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlliAlosa
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hi all!

I’m looking for an app that will allow, either via direct integration or Zapier, for the dynamic creation of a pre-filled document for e-signature.

There are tons of options (too many) out there, but I’ve yet to find something which meets all of my requirements:

• Create a pre-filled, yet still editable, document with data from Airtable (likely triggered by Zapier)
  • Get the URL to that document BEFORE sending it to the signer. I do not want to send the document to a signer from the app itself. Rather, I want to retain the link in Airtable, and send it off to an individual in an email, based on a separate trigger.
  • Trigger Zapier upon receipt of the signed doc

I’ve tried many apps… I had high hopes for Formstack Documents and the new block, but upon sending the created document to Formstack Sign, the document is flattened and the signer can no longer edit any fields. PandaDoc doesn’t give you a URL to the document until after all parties have signed. If I could just grab bits and pieces of each app and glue them together, this would be a lot easier :smiling_face_with_halo:

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :slightly_smiling_face: Thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5

I use a combination of Google docs, Zapier and Airtable for this.

The signing part is a nightmare - There are no good apps out there. I went with Eversign, but I wouldn’t recommend it. Docusign is prohibitively expensive If I had to do it again, I think I would explore PDF filler.

Thanks Andy! Seriously, it feels like nothing out there is a perfect solution. PDFFiller is great; they’re reasonably priced and I’m 99% sure they provide everything that I described above… but alas, the clunkiness of their system rendered my client uninterested :smiling_face_with_halo:

If I exhaust all other options (and it feels like I’m close to doing so), I think I’ll suggest PDFFiller again.

Hope you’re well!

Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

We recently launched an integration for eSignatures.io. Not sure if it checks off all the requirement that you’ve mentioned above, but I think it’s worth checking out.

Tech_Support1
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I checked out eSignatures.io and they offer up a pretty basic form designer that you are limited to. You need to use their editor and you can’t jazz up your form with embedded graphics or anything fancy like that. If all you need is a very straightforward signature doc it’s seem to work smoothly, but you are also paying on a per document sent basis $0.49 per doc.

LarryFlores

Hey @AlliAlosa,

The discussion is outdated, but in case you are still looking for a solution, Plumsail Documents might be a good fit. It seems to perfectly match your requirements. You can create a Microsoft Word template that will be dynamically populated with Airtable data. The integration is also based around Zapier.

Here’s an article you might want to check out:
How to auto generate contracts from Airtable data in Zapier — Plumsail Documents

Fortunately, the solution offers a free one-month trial, so you can try it for yourself. Hope this helps!