Help

Following: "Release: create tables, create fields, and update field options from the Blocks SDK"

Topic Labels: Custom Extensions
1196 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

@Billy_Littlefield wrote:
" A few months ago, we announced some unstable APIs for creating tables, creating fields, and updating field options using the Custom Blocks SDK. As of last week’s new release of the SDK (v0.0.54), these APIs have been marked as stable. These methods include:

If you’ve been using the unstable_ variants on a previous version of the SDK, you can remove the unstable_ prefix on these method names when upgrading your @airtable/blocks version to v0.0.54 or later. No other changes to the method arguments are required.

We’ve also added a new guide Changing base schema to the public docs site to illustrate how you can use these new methods inside your own custom block. Please refer to the FieldType documentation for full details on each field type’s expected options format. Creating and updating fields is not yet supported for all field types."

Hi @Billy_Littlefield , @Emma_Yeap,

Referring to the above, is it possible to programmatically write in what scripting-App would call field.description?

Don’t misunderstand me: this is a question about Custom-App-API: I just refer to the property of a scripting-App-API object as an example but I don’t confuse them.

I consider that field.description should be a field entirely at my disposal both in reading and writing programs but before spending time in Custom-App-API, I wanted to check the present or future feasibility.
My concern about this is that when I look through the Custom-App-API-Doc, I get the impression that field.description is still in Read-Only.

Thank you in advance for taking my Use Case into consideration, because I’ve been coming back to it from time to time since February 2020 in the hope that it will evolve even more towards my requests to not only read properties such as field.description but also to be able to write on them.

By the way, please note that my previous request about Formula Text is similar to this one and is still valid!

Best,

olπ

0 Replies 0