cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michal_Koci
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi.

Is there any way, programmatically or by some setting (either on block or on the dashboard) to change the height of the block within the dashboard?

No matter how many blocks are displayed in the dashboard, each of them seams to be 304px tall (including its heading). So even if there’s just one block, there’s a lot of unused whitespace while at the same time the block would be able to display more data.

Our custom block displays a lot of content within an iframe, it expands the iframe to occupy as much space as available. But since the height of the block is fixed, it’s rather limited (read “very small”).

I know the user can switch the block to the fullscreen, but that doesn’t help as that covers the data in the table, so when the user wants the block to react to cursor change (which is the coolest think and the only reason to use the block in our case), they need to exit the fullscreen, select another record in the table and then either scroll within the block or enter the full screen again.

Cheers,
Michal

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stephen_Suen
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Michal_Koci:

Any block installation can be resized by dragging the resize handle in the bottom right hand corner:

Resizing a block installation

Hope that addresses your concern!

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
Stephen_Suen
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Michal_Koci:

Any block installation can be resized by dragging the resize handle in the bottom right hand corner:

Resizing a block installation

Hope that addresses your concern!

Hi @Stephen_Suen

Many thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for!

The indicator is very subtle so I haven’t noticed that (actually no one from my team have), but now we know it’s there and that opens up a whole new world for us :grinning_face_with_big_eyes:

Cheers,
Michal