Help

How to debug error "While requesting "dev_file" from Airtable we ran into an error:" on Zapier?

793 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
api-in
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello,

I am trying to make an API call on Zapier and i am getting below error. I am unable to debug this error. When i test on Postman, it works absolutely fine. 

apiin_0-1690903909237.png

1 Reply 1
faulknerehman
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@api-in wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to make an API call on Zapier and i am getting below error. I am unable to debug this error. When i test on Postman, it works absolutely fine. 

apiin_0-1690903909237.png

As per your post i give you some information please see below and follow all details step by step..

Check Request Configuration: Ensure that the API request you've set up in Zapier matches the one you're making in Postman. Pay attention to details such as the request method (GET, POST, etc.), headers, query parameters, and request body. Any discrepancies between the two could lead to errors.

Authentication: Double-check that you're using the correct authentication method (e.g., API key, OAuth token) in Zapier as you do in Postman. Verify that your credentials are correctly entered and properly authorized.

Endpoint URL: Confirm that the endpoint URL you're using in Zapier matches the one in Postman, including any path and query parameters.

Response Parsing: Review how you're parsing the API response in Zapier compared to Postman. Make sure you're correctly handling the response format (JSON, XML, etc.) and extracting the data you need.

Error Messages: If the API call is returning an error message, examine the error details provided in the response. This could give you insights into what might be going wrong.

Zapier Logs: Check the logs or error messages in your Zapier account for more specific information about the issue. Zapier's logging can provide valuable details about the execution of your Zap.

Rate Limits and Quotas: Some APIs have rate limits or usage quotas. Ensure that you're not hitting any limits with your API calls on Zapier.

I hope my suggestion is work for you. If any query please tell me i am happy to help you..

Best regard,
ballsportsgames