cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yaniv_Amesllem-
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello, 

I am trying to write some automation that should call some function in our server through a script and pass as input the image data that is stored in some field. 

How can I pass the image data ?

The url I get there is private and  inaccessible through the server. I tried to convert it to base64 but FileReader is not available, also to pass the binary data using FormData but it is unavailable as well .

Any help will be much appreciated.

Yaniv

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sho
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hi @Yaniv_Amesllem-  and @ScottWorld,

Expiring Download url in automation can be obtained from the Attachment field. See screenshot.

2023-11-22 221423.png

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You would need to use Airtable’s API to grab the URL of the attachment, but the URL expires after 2 hours of being publicly accessed.

I don’t know scripting, so I typically use Make’s Airtable integrations to help me move images out of Airtable and into other platforms. You can also use Make’s HTTP “Get A File” module to download the file as a binary from Airtable. I’ve given some helpful training instructions on how to use Make in this thread.

Sho
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hi @Yaniv_Amesllem-  and @ScottWorld,

Expiring Download url in automation can be obtained from the Attachment field. See screenshot.

2023-11-22 221423.png

Thanks so much, exactly what I was needed. 

Thanks Scott !

I think a public url is easier, I'll use that.