Help

I want to create a Confluence page from Airtable - I have no idea where to start.

1173 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Annika
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

My ideal solution would be to

1. Press a button in Airtable, which would call the Atlassian API to create a Confluence page (based on a template) in our Confluence Cloud instance
  2. Update the Airtable record with the new URL from Confluence (into a specific field)

We would also like to be able to then add child pages to that page later in the workflow but first I want to solve this first problem.

Any ideas?

2 Replies 2

Have you looked into using a third party integration service like Zapier or Make to help you with this?  Might be faster than coding it yourself

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hi @Annika,

There are at least 3 ways of doing this:

1. Write your own custom JavaScripts.

2. Use DataFetcher, which is an API extension for Airtable.

3. Use an automation & integration API tool like Zapier or Make. Zapier has some very basic support for Confluence built into the product, but Zapier is so incredibly expensive and so unbelievably limited compared to Make that I could never recommend it to anybody. With Make, you would simply use their HTTP tool to make your API calls.

There can be a bit of a learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video for Make, along with providing the link to Make’s free training course. There are also many Make experts hanging out there who can answer other Make questions.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld.