Help

Infrequent failure of data extraction from Airtable into Tableau via Tableau's WDC

620 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RCF-DM
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi all

We have been using Tableau to visualise Airtable data for a while now. As of July 3rd we are experiencing failures in Tableau, although not consistently, with error message "java.lang.RuntimeException: unknown is not supported by this version of Tableau.". Does anyone know the reason or even solution for this?

Many thanks!

Ester, part of Red Cross Flanders data management team

2 Replies 2
Risagreene
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@RCF-DM wrote:

Hi all

We have been using Tableau to visualise Airtable data for a while now. As of July 3rd we are experiencing failures in Tableau, although not consistently, with error message "java.lang.RuntimeException: unknown is not supported by this version of Tableau.". Does anyone know the reason or even solution for this?

Many thanks!

Ester, part of Red Cross Flanders data management team

Hello,

The error message java.lang.RuntimeException: unknown is not supported by this version of Tableau. Suggest a compatibility issue between Tableau and Airtable data. It might be caused by a recent update in either system. To resolve it, check for updates in Tableau or Airtable, review Tableau's documentation and verify data source settings in Tableau. 

I hope the information may helps you. 

RCF-DM
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Risagreene,

Thanks for your reply.

Our Tableau server version has not been upgraded recently so my gut feeling is pointing to a change in the API that was created by Airtable. It's unclear for me where to find any documentation or release notes on this in Airtable. Could you point me to it?

Thanks in advance,

Frederik on behalf of the Red Cross Flanders data management team