403 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schauundhorch
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello, i am new to airtable and really love it! I built an inventory list. This list is linked to another table for our videoproduction. Here we can choose items from our inventory we need for the shooting. This is working flawlessly. We now want to generate a packing list for the shootingthat displays all the selected items in a new table. So my first question is how can I setup a filter to the linked inventory list to show only selected items in our shotlist?

the second question is: Is it possible to link items to another? For example If i select a camera for the shooting, batteries should be automatically selected as well.

1 Reply 1

> how can I setup a filter to the linked inventory list to show only selected items in our shotlist?

I'm not sure how your tables are set up, but assuming you're doing something like this:

Screenshot 2023-03-01 at 5.30.34 PM.png

Then using the following filter seems like it'd do what you'd like?

Screenshot 2023-03-01 at 5.30.54 PM.png

> Is it possible to link items to another? For example If i select a camera for the shooting, batteries should be automatically selected as well.

Well, sort of but not really.  You could create another linked field in your "Items" table, where you link the "Camera" item to the "Batteries" item like you said, and so you'd end up with something like this:

Screenshot 2023-03-01 at 5.34.06 PM.png
Link to base