Help

Re: "An error has occurred" on script extension

Solved
Jump to Solution
2716 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrLuke
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello

I've been working on a script all day in the Script Extension thing, and it's been working fine until just now when I went through to comment out my console logs I was debugging with to tidy up the code. I went to run the script one last time and now all I get is the "An error has occurred" popup telling me to refresh the page (which doesn't help).

Any ideas what causes this or how to fix it? Really need to have this working!

MrLuke_0-1676071630438.png

 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Grunty
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Needless to say, stay vigilant at the issue, until end of month and beyond. They've scheduled important upgrades for last week of Feb. This or other issue could temporarily appear.

In the meantime, good luck 👍

See Solution in Thread

7 Replies 7
Grunty
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

A generic error message, can be thrown by a myriad of reasons.

They've been advertising maintenance/upgrade tasks these days could cause some issues.
Try shutting down Airtable, clear cache, even restart pc.

MrLuke
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Yeah tried all that. Hopefully it's just maintenance and it'll be sorted after the weekend!

MrLuke
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have discovered the issue! Though I'm not sure what to do about it, as it was working previously, until it suddenly threw and error.

Basically, what I'm doing is fetching a list of YouTube videos from YouTube's v3 API and storing the data. This was working all well and good. In one of the columns I'm storing the HTML iframe embed code for the videos, and this seems to be where the error is thrown when scraping the data to insert into the airtable.

Here's an example of what it grabs from the API and puts into a column:

 

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/654laEgXb7k" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

 

It was working fine, and added 100 rows of video data each with the HTML code, but now I can't even duplicate or manually paste this code into the row without getting the "Error has occurred" message pop up.

Is there something wrong with the table, or do I need to sanitise the code somehow before copying it in?

Thanks!

Edit: On further investigation, it appears to allow any HTML until I use `<iframe>` tags, then the error comes.

MrLuke_0-1676139101855.png

 

Did you try using a different browser (Chrome, Firefox, ...)?

MrLuke
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I've just tried it in Edge and it worked fine with no errors, so I tried pasting the code in again in Chrome (which I was using originally) and it's also working with no errors.

I'm not sure what's changed, or something was fixed, but now I can't replicate the issue! The script is also working to pull in the HTML code without causing "an error has occurred" message. 

Weird. 🤷‍♂️

Grunty
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Needless to say, stay vigilant at the issue, until end of month and beyond. They've scheduled important upgrades for last week of Feb. This or other issue could temporarily appear.

In the meantime, good luck 👍

MrLuke
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thanks for the heads up. The error has come back again since I last posted, so there's obviously something going on behind the scenes!