705 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keith_Armstrong
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey guys! Fairly new to scripting so bare with me.

Wondering if it possible to export a spreadsheet at the end of the day using a script.

This is for an inventory management system for a resort, and we would like to export the logs of the spreadsheet at the end of everyday via an IPAD.

Ideally a staff member could press the script, and it would automatically export and save somewhere on the cloud.

Any help with this would be greatly appreacied.

4 Replies 4

Welcome to the community, @Keith_Armstrong! :slightly_smiling_face:

You can manually export a CSV file from either the desktop or web browser version of Airtable.

Neither the mobile app nor the scripting block supports exporting of files.

Automatic exporting of files is not supported by Airtable, so you would need to turn to any of a variety of different external tools to do automatic exporting for you.

One of the easiest & quickest tools to use would be one of the 2 extensions by MiniExtensions.com that I’ve linked to below.

What’s really cool is that both of these tools can be set to run on a recurring schedule, and both of these tools can be set to run based on a webhook (i.e. submitting a form or going to a specific URL to trigger the export).

If this answers your question, can you please mark this comment as the solution? :slightly_smiling_face: This will help other people who have a similar question. Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

@Keith_Armstrong - an alternative approach would be to use a Google Sheets script. Rather than a “push” process from Airtable, you could have a “pull” process from GS, getting the data from your base and saving it to a spreadsheet. I often use Airtable and GS in combination and GS has a nice feature of being able to schedule the script to run at a specific time of the day (or multiple times per day if needed).

Hi Jonathan!
Would you mind sharing an example of a GS script to pull all the info from a view? I’m in desperate need of this!
Thanks!

I’d love to learn how @JonathanBowen pulls data from Airtable to Google Sheets as well!

Another way to push data from Airtable to Google Sheets would be to simply automate the process using Integromat. That would be super easy.