2232 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
32Stories_team
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi could anyone help me with the script to automatically populate a rich formatted long text field with checkboxes any time a new record is created? Haven’t been able to find anything else in the community

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Okay, make an Automation that runs when a record is created in that table. Add an “update record” step that uses the record ID from the trigger record. In your rich text field add your pre-defined checkbox items like this:

[x] This item will already be marked complete
[ ] This item will be not be marked complete
[ ] Another checklist item
[ ] Yet another item

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5

Can you be more specific?

• A new record that is linked to this RecordWithRichText, or a new record in a particular table, or a new record in any table?
  • Is this supposed to happen automatically or manually?
  • When you say populate with checkboxes do you mean “Add pre-defined checkbox items to that field” or “fill in the checkbox next to a particular checkbox item already in the field”?

Thanks very much Kamille -

1. I want all this to occur in 1 particular field in 1 particular table;
  2. Automatically on new record creation
  3. Adds pre-defined checkbox items to that field

Okay, make an Automation that runs when a record is created in that table. Add an “update record” step that uses the record ID from the trigger record. In your rich text field add your pre-defined checkbox items like this:

[x] This item will already be marked complete
[ ] This item will be not be marked complete
[ ] Another checklist item
[ ] Yet another item
32Stories_team

That is much more straightforward - thanks a lot

Glad it helped. Please go ahead and mark my previous reply as the solution to close out this topic.