cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Catherine_Kenna
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Dear Community
I am relatively new to Airtable and all its fab benefits, I have a query about automating and scripting and how best to use this for my example here.

We use many bases, one for each client as we find it most useful and each contains many tables. I have thought long and hard about making this one huge base and having different views or tables but honestly, for us we prefer to see the clients in the bases (bad practice?).

If I automate a trigger to bring information into Airtable from google forms, can I set it up so it creates a new base each time, rather than a new table in one base?

We use a base per client as we have a lot of data and find this easier for us visually. I could always bring all the form information back to the one base if I had to and then maybe there is a script I could run from within AT?

Thoughts and ideas on how I can handle appreciated.

Thanks Community.
Catherine

3 Replies 3
Dave
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi @Catherine_Kennard
There is no way to script the creation of a base in Airtable unless you are on the Enterprise version. Also why use Google Forms when Airtable has its own forms utility? Or are you bringing it in from the Spreadsheet connected to the Google Form?

Thanks Dave. I was doing it that way as I want it to have our email address details when it goes out to potential clients.
If we cannot anyway script it unless in Enterprise, then I think I need to just pop it all into one table and just do a quick manual copy and paste within AT.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards
Catherine

Catherine_Kenna
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thank you Franco. That could be a very good workaround.

Appreciate the help.
Thanks.

Regards
Catherine