Help

Slack integration broke after duplicating base

Solved
Jump to Solution
318 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lvlynyc
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I'm building a PTO request workflow in Slack which adds a record to an Airtable. Airtable then automates some downstream steps which will post the PTO to a shared Google calendar etc. It was working fine. I wanted to make some modifications without messing with the original workflow so I duplicated the workflow itself as well as the Airtable. The Slack workflow duplicate allows me to choose that duplicated airtable (I added it to the integration in Airtable) but it simply won't work when I try to run the Slack workflow. Slack throws "The service used for this step isn't available" when I try to run it. I deleted the Slack integration in Airtable and re-created it with a request from Slack to no avail. I also tested deleting the copy of the table to see if the error changed, and it did- Slack would say "The user doesn't have permission to use this step." instead. A brand new airtable base from scratch works, but I don't want to re-create the existing one if I can avoid it. Any thoughts?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

I spoke with Slack tech support. Apparently there is a bug. 

Slack support tells me "The bug is specifically related to having formula-dependent or dynamic fields in the table. That will trigger the error. The good news is that our team is aware of this issue and tracking affected accounts."

I had formula fields in my table. So I created a vanilla base with no formulas in Airtable, had Slack write its data there, and linked that data to a different base in Airtable which performed the formulas needed as a successful workaround.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2

Sigh, chiming in to say that I got hit by a variant of this as well and I hope someone has some advice

I spoke with Slack tech support. Apparently there is a bug. 

Slack support tells me "The bug is specifically related to having formula-dependent or dynamic fields in the table. That will trigger the error. The good news is that our team is aware of this issue and tracking affected accounts."

I had formula fields in my table. So I created a vanilla base with no formulas in Airtable, had Slack write its data there, and linked that data to a different base in Airtable which performed the formulas needed as a successful workaround.