Help

The Airtable Community will undergo scheduled maintenance on September 17 from 10:00 PM PST to 11:15 PM PST. During this period, you may experience temporary disruptions. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

Syncing Airtable to a postgreSQL database with an ETL solution like Estuary - Airrtable as a backend

115 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BenFortunato
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I've been using airtable to handle the backend of an MVP. The tables and  interfaces have been a great way to quickly put together a product that our internal team can work with. Probubly would have been beter to go with a tool like Retool for our use case, but this is were we are.

We are still having trouble with the speed of airtable's API for our consumer facing front end. The other issue we've had is that there is no real dev ops workflow where we have a development environment and production environment. The best way to do that is to just copy the base and relink everything so we have a dev base and production base. The issue with that is its time consuming and all the Id's change so links we give the clients in emails etc that have id's as url parameters won't work anymore.

We are looking to migrate to a traditional tech stack and would like to sync our airtable base to a postgreSQL base as we do the hard work of putting together a proper backend in react for our internal team. That way our internal team can continue to work on client data through an airtable backend but we have a proper development environment and an API without a lot of rate limits. 

I'm working on putting together an ETL solution to sync supabase to our airtable base using Etuary https://estuary.dev/ or a similar service. I was wondering if anyone had any experience using these tools and could help us avoid any hickups. Is there one ETL service that is better? One potentail issue I see is that we have a lot of formula fields in airtable. I'm not sure how we will translate these, it might involve manually refactoring the formulas in SQL? 

0 Replies 0