754 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rphilli5
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

We are using the prebuilt tableau web data connector and are running into issues with Tableau Server.  Our workbooks perform as expected in Tableau Desktop, allowing the pull and refresh of Airtable data.  When we migrate the workbook to the Tableau server, the connection to airtable fails.

2 Replies 2
marks
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hi @rphilli5 - I've worked with a few organizations and that have had success using the Airtable Labs Tableau Web Data Connector from their Tableau Server.

A few things ideas to consider:

The airtable API has been whitelisted on the Tableau Server.  I pulled the logs and was able to see that portion of the authentication passed the tableau server check.  When publishing three separate workbooks, another developer and I made sure the credentials were embedded.  I also installed tableau developer on the tableau development server to make sure that no firewalls were blocking the request.  Tableau desktop worked successfully from the server.  It appears that something is not working correctly on the publish portion to Tableau server as the data source fails the connection test