853 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HH12
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is there a way to have a list of employees on a Base as 'users' (the tagging option) without paying for their seats? None of them will be collaborators or have access to the Base or Workspace, it is just a feature that I find very useful. I selected Development and APIs because the use case is currently on Softr, which is connected via API. 

Use case: I have a form that is being used externally (on Softr.io); I want to be able to allow my Softr.io users to 'tag' to an employee they are requesting in the form so that the Base automatically associated/assigns a request or task to that employee. Again, these employees would not actually be a user or collaborator on the bases. It is only for me to organize the workflows when external users in my front-end are requesting specific internal users. Thanks.

2 Replies 2
Matthew_Lanni
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Most of my bases have a "Users" table that lists all of the potential people involved in the workflow and their email addresses.

You can then have people select non-paid users via a linked field on the form, and use an automation to email that person.

Thank you very much, I think you provided a great workaround for me to try (I contacted airtable support and they said what I asked about isn’t available but would bring this up to their team for future features). Thanks!