1697 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jens_Schott_Kn1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Non-developer type here! My team is using Airtable as a task management tool Each week we run a report, which includes a long text field (“Details Field”) with details on the work performed on a specific task during that week. To retain a record of the content that’s appeared in the Details Field, I wonder if it would be possible to write a script that would copy and clear the values of the Details Field and cumulatively add them to a field (“History Field”). The History Field would then eventually contain a list of all the updates that’s been put into the Details Field over time (and ideally with date stamps to next to the text that was copied at a given time).

Thanks so much for your feedback on this!

Jens

31 Replies 31
mei-yen_shipek
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I think I’m looking for a script similar to this but can’t figure out how to adapt it.
I have a ‘link’ column and I’d like to run a script that whenever is finds a word like ‘amazon’ within the link, it populates my ‘vendor’ column which is a multi-select column with the ‘amazon’ vendor.
Does that make sense?

Joshua_Oslon
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is there a way to use the same script, but instead of strings, it adds integers or numbers into the new field (which is also an integer rather than string)?